Commercial Furnace Maintenance from Mooresville to Lake Norman and Beyond!
If you have ownership stakes in a commercial space, you understand how important maintaining your heating system is. Appropriate seasonal commercial furnace maintenance ensures your heat works properly, efficiently and above all safely, protecting your business and the people who work and conduct business there while helping maintain or even increase the bottom line. At TemperaturePro Carolinas Air Conditioning and Heating, our HVAC technicians have the knowledge, experience and skills to make sure your commercial furnace unit is ready for even the worst Mother Nature can throw at you!
Commercial HVAC Services
What to Expect When You’re Expecting Commercial Furnace Maintenance
When you have maintenance done on your commercial furnace unit, it should include the following steps:
- SAFETY FIRST! The electrical power to the unit and the unit’s fuel supply should always be turned off before performing any commercial furnace maintenance operations. While the technician will know how to do this, it’s also a good idea to familiarize yourself with these switches and their location and function in case of emergency.
- Clean filters can save your system. Dirty air filters impose needless strain on the heating system and furnace, raise monthly heating bills and can compromise the unit’s operational lifespan. Filters should be checked monthly for cleanness. Pleated filters can be expected to be replaced quarterly unless something is wrong, but permanent filters require monthly cleaning. If your system includes an electronic air cleaner unit, the filter should be cleaned bimonthly. Your furnace filters typically have a slot cover to prevent issues and ensure safety.
- Make sure the thermostat is working properly. The thermostat controls the function of your furnace and should be checked during commercial furnace maintenance in order to maintain a comfortable temperature while keeping energy costs down. Installing a programmable thermostat is another way you can save money on your heating bill.
- Check for obstructions. Vent, exhaust and combustion air pipe obstructions and blockages can cause fire hazards and compromise or prevent proper function of your commercial heat system.
- Check for gas leaks. If you notice an odor of rotten eggs or see damaged or worn connections, you should cut the gas supply immediately. Do not start the furnace until you’ve consulted with a professional HVAC technician. Note: Contacting your local gas company is always a good idea if you smell gas, and some jurisdictions require this by law.
Need Carolinas AC Experts?
Annual Commercial Furnace Maintenance You Can Rely On
Scheduling commercial furnace maintenance on an annual basis helps ensure your furnace is ready to work efficiently and safely throughout the cold season. TemperaturePro Carolinas Air Conditioning and Heating offers the following services during regularly scheduled commercial furnace maintenance, provided by licensed, insured and background-checked HVAC technicians:
- Thorough inspection of furnace components
- Professional furnace cleaning
- Adjustment of controls as necessary
- Comprehensive safety check
Annual furnace maintenance allows us to detect safety hazards and dangerous conditions before they compromise the health and safety of your employees, clientele or business:
- Carbon monoxide can build up because of dirty furnaces, ductwork which isn’t properly vented, or cracks forming in the combustion chamber of heat exchanger. Many of these flaws and problems may not be visible on casual inspection, but just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not a very real threat!
- Low oxygen levels caused by an insufficient fresh air supply into the furnace
- Soot build-up can become a serious fire hazard over time, and should be cleaned a minimum of annually. However, if you notice excessive soot buildup in your commercial furnace unit, you may need to consider repairing or replacing the unit.
For more information on how TemperaturePro of the Carolinas can save you and your company time, money and discomfort, call, click, or come by one of our Lake Norman metro area locations today!Top of Form